Fundraising Director – Canadian Children’s Brain Cancer Foundation
About the CCBCF:
The CCBCF is a registered charity in Canada. Our goal is to fund research dedicated to finding better treatments and ultimately a cure for pediatric brain cancer. The foundation is structured in such a way that allows for groups across Canada interested in raising funds for pediatric brain cancer to collaborate with the foundation to ensure each dollar is dedicated to finding a cure.
To fund medical research and raise public awareness for pediatric brain cancer with a particular focus on malignant tumors with low survival rates.
Now in our third year, the CCBCF has struggled with its fundraising initiatives that have been reliant on volunteers. It is now time to explore new ways to grow our fundraising and donor programs to take us to the next level as a national charity. The CCBCF is currently looking to add capacity to grow its fundraising capabilities for its signature annual event as well as looking for other creative ways to engage the community and established a fund development strategy. We are seeking a creative and driven Fundraising Director to develop, execute, and manage fundraising campaigns, as well as establish a long term strategy for growth and awareness. Reporting to the CCBCF Board of Directors, the Director will work with key volunteers and web design consultants on executing campaigns intended to expand and engage audiences and maximize opportunities to donate. A highly strategic individual with a commitment to excellence, the Director will understand CCBCF’s audiences and develop compelling messaging that motivates audiences to contribute to the cause. They will also be responsible for researching and applying for new grants, corporate partnering, and fund matching opportunities.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years professional experience in fundraising
Compensation: Negotiable (hourly plus commission or bonus based)
Type: Part-time / flexible hours
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Key Responsibilities: ·
- Cultivate a volunteer and donor list that is integrated with key messaging and regular communication.
- Develop and implement strategies that will grow annual revenue from grassroots audiences.
- Create tactics leveraging email, web content, SMS, social media, and advertising.
- Establish a corporate partnering and matching program with local business community.
- Lead fundraising efforts in support of the CCBCF annual Skate-the-Lake event.
- Support national awareness efforts while working with key communication and web design volunteers.
- Establish strategy and goals for fundraising and donor programs.
- Stay informed on industry trends, best practices, and innovative approaches.
- Must believe in the cause and committed to the CCBCF’s mission.
- Proven track record in directing a successful integrated fundraising or marketing program with a customer/donor focus.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to use data to drive decision making.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and oral communication skills.
- Project management skills with the ability to lead projects from concept through execution with volunteer teams.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Positive attitude and commitment to teamwork.
- Strong work ethic and high standards for personal and professional excellence.
- Grant development work an asset.
- Website optimization and social media brand awareness experience an asset.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as needed.
To apply, please forward your resume and contact information to email@example.com.